Shane Holmberg
A
Some people who are not sex workers started saying Spoutible was hostile to them and LGBTQ because they couldn't make a living if they couldn't post sexual content.

Turns out it was just a bunch of writers who were just using sex workers and the LGBTQ+ community to try and trash #Spoutible .
Lizzy BOLDLY @lizardlips
So did somebody violate the TOS and that's what kicked this off? Or is it all a hypothetical exercise in chaos? Like the concern about teaching CRT in preschool?
10:27 PM - Feb 19, 2023
10:31 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Danielle
A
In response to Shane Holmberg.
The implication that it was anti-trans because most trans people are forced into sex work was especially heinous. People are demented.
10:38 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Shane Holmberg
A
In response to Danielle.
Right?

I know the statistics are really bad in the US and worldwide. No doubt there at all.

However, the trans community is large, strong, and growing. They are our teachers, doctors, nurses, writers, musicians, artists, etc. Not just a small trafficked group.
10:43 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
And you know, if you're a halfway decent writer and you want to get your material out there, you don't give it away for free on social media, and you interact with every platform wisely because every platform is access to another reader/buyer.

What happensmed here today was dumb. Dumb.
10:37 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
I won't miss any of them, and for me a lot of their material comes awfully close to NSFW.

Way more worked up about seeing Tony Morrison and for Christ's sake Jody Picoukt's books banned in schools than I am about any of this.
10:35 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Josol
A
Are they all gone now? Can we go back to kind words and discussions??
10:33 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Shane Holmberg
A
In response to Josol.
They all said they were leaving so hopefully. This site is amazing without the drama. 😊
10:34 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}