(laura) elsen
A
wife's staying at the new place this week but we haven't moved yet, so she's only got an air mattress, folding chair, and tv tray. she called last nite from bed, eating chicken salad straight from the container, to ask if this is what college life is like. i said get four roommates and call me back.
10:48 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Karen Dykstra
A
In response to (laura) elsen.
Sounds like our move to NC. We rented a place until ours was finished. Put most of our stuff in storage back in PA. Two chairs, a flatscreen tv, a few kitchen essentials, and an air mattress. The place hadn't been treated for a while so the “waterbugs” came out at night. Eek!!
11:43 AM - Aug 08, 2023
(laura) elsen
A
In response to Karen Dykstra.
yeah, exactly. we're moving from chicago to new jersey. the long haul moves are the worst! if it's not, at best, college life it's definitely, at worst, a sopranos-style "going to the mattresses" but it's you against living witbout your stuff.
12:07 PM - Aug 08, 2023
David
A
and cockroaches....
11:35 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Gino Gangai
A
Chicken salad? We couldn't afford that back in the day! Why do you think Ramen was so popular?! 😅
Oh and my roommate and I used the giant box my Gateway computer came in as a table.
Congrats on the new place though! When is moving day?
10:55 AM - Aug 08, 2023
(laura) elsen
A
In response to Gino Gangai.
lol, fair point on the chicken salad. the box table is a classic, done that before.

the movers come on the 14th and 15th. by the end of next week we'll be the newest residents of northern jersey.
11:01 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Whoa!
A
Sounds like my first apartment. I slept on two lounge chair cushions on the floor with a sheet and blanket. The only other furniture in my room was my stereo. 😃
10:54 AM - Aug 08, 2023
(laura) elsen
A
In response to Whoa!.
exactly, what more could you need in life?!
10:58 AM - Aug 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}