Carlotta Berry
A
#TermsOfService Something else I've been thinking about regarding this sexual explicit content controversy. Is there anywhere else you can go and tell an organization to change their ToS or do you just leave if you don't like them? Do I just not go to a business if I don't like the ToS?
10:47 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Mimi Wells
A
In response to Carlotta Berry.
There were two different discussions that got conflated. One group wanted to argue the TOS (they can go elsewhere), but the other wanted more clarification of the exceptions because of what they write. Unfortunately Group 2 is now pissed off when they could have strengthened the user base.
11:43 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Carlotta Berry
A
In response to Mimi Wells.
Yeah I agree that it is now a whole mess.
11:54 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
Maybe on an upstart social media site there’s a way to allow conversation that criticizes ToS? Even if the ToS aren’t changing, maybe there’s a way to afford dignity in the response? Maybe that sets a tone of dignity that keeps the site attractive?

#DignityIsTheCulture
10:53 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Jeanne Gustafson
A
It's people trying it with the ceo because he's Black, imo. Just not sugarcoating anything.
10:50 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Carlotta Berry
A
In response to Jeanne Gustafson.
Hi Jeanne,
I was honestly going to spout that but then changed my mind because I did not want folks all up in my mentions saying why do y'all always have to make it about race. No matter what the motivation it is so out of order.
10:52 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Carlotta Berry
A
Where else can you go and shout at the CEO all day and expect them to change the company policies and when they don't you just take your ball and bat and go home. You just post an ugly review (on Twitter in this case) and move on with your life.
10:49 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Shay Stewart-Bouley
A
Or is there something more insidious at play?

Folks don't talk that shit at Elon's house.
10:52 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}