Ellie Byrd
A
If you're told that you don't belong in a certain minority's conversation then accept that, don't put in your two cents, and respect the boundary that has been made. Another conversation regarding the same minority may arise that you are welcome in but until then respect the boundary.
02:38 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
In response to Ellie Byrd.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
03:00 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
That is indeed the definition of conversation, but please remember that not every conversation is an open forum. A conversation among a certain minority may be held publicly but is meant to drive awareness not necessarily interjection from the majority.
03:38 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
03:39 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
This is completely true. And with that one has the autonomy to choose how they interact with certain material or other spouts. I would like to not though that just because one can does not mean that one should. It is up to personal discretion to determine the best course of action.
03:40 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
03:45 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
This is very very true! I fear that the point I was attempting to make may have been lost. What I am getting at is not that one cannot interject but that it is not always welcome and can potentially do more harm to the point being made than having just echoed the notion while remaining silent.
03:47 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
04:24 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
It is clear that what I'm saying is not registering. Therefore I am done with this conversation. I have enjoyed our talk and found it enlightening in multiple regards.
04:31 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Janis Dauer
A
I aspire to reaching a small degree of your patience, cogent communication skills, and lack of judgementalism. I often have to fight being defensive, it's obviously not a good look
06:25 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Janis Dauer.
lol read my latest thread lol I wasn't like this always...this is absolutely learned behavior...it take an absurd amount of self discipline.....I am still learning and probably will never reach the peak. I hope to one day though.
06:58 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Janis Dauer
A
Exactly, and that willingness to look at yourself and learn and change is what I admire, regardless of how far you gone in reaching perfection 😉
07:01 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Janis Dauer.
I appreciate that more than I can explain! Thank you!!
07:16 PM - Aug 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}