Tricia
A
thread 1/2
Your "however" part doesn't comport with ageism. Diminished capacity can occur at any age. But fascism is the main factor within the walls of Congress. Which is why Senator Feinstein remains to continue moving forth judicial nominees because the fascist republicans would not let her be replaced.
steveN b @steveNb
I agree Tricia. Age should not be one of the standards for serving. Many seniors are physically and mentally capable … not all 70+
seniors are alike. There are, however, some seniors in our Congress who should face the reality that their capabilities are diminished.
02:27 PM - Aug 09, 2023
02:34 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Tricia
A
thread 2/2
And I would also note that the acts of fascists are folks that have diminished capacity of humanity. A much larger and harmful consequence.
02:37 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Tricia.
Well said. Instead of an age limit why not require a physical & COGNITIVE EXAM annually after age 70 to make sure everything is okay? The person wouldn’t be forced to retire, but if the results were bad their Physician would be required to make them return every 6 months to stay in Office. ☮️💙
02:39 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Doctor Michael
A
In response to Yvette.
Forced “exams” seem to undemocratic for my comfort. Who will decide the criteria? How will it be enforced? What happens to the will of the voters?
04:34 PM - Aug 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}