Salma Typhii
A
Just remember that you lose Maxine Waters and John Lewis with this. Is it worth it? I honestly don't know, but it should be thought about
L B @LisJustBeingHuman
For me, term limits would be better than age limits. A term limit of 12 years for elected, and appointed positions in public institutions.
02:13 PM - Aug 09, 2023
02:15 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
I just don't get the thinking behind term limits. Would you want a doctor or mechanic or CEO or carpenter or any job to switch careers after 12 years? Or would you want them particularly to do those jobs because they have so much experience they'll do it better?
02:51 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
And every 2, 4 or 6 years we getting decide for them!
02:52 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
Exactly! I get that incumbency advantage makes it harder to get rid of someone who's corrupt or abuses power...but it's on us the voters to fire them if we're not satisfied with their job performance. Instead of calling for term limits, people should get their apathetic friends & family to vote.
02:55 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Honestly I think 95% of this is Naderites, Bernie Bros, and Stein Stan's crabby that the majority of D voters in their districts like the Black and Brown old timers like Raul Grijalva
https://www.congress.gov/member/ral-grijalva/G000551
02:59 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
Absolutely. And look what their glorious term limits did in a place like VA – under Northam tons of real progress was being made and they traded that for bigot Youngkin, stalling the gains.
03:18 PM - Aug 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}