Kevin Reilly
A
I've said it once and I'll say it again, we need age limits not term limits in Congress.

I originally said 70 but I think 68 is a better number. You may serve past 68 but only if you were elected prior to turning 68. You can't run for federal office after turning 68. It's time.
NewsBot News from the Internet @NewsBot
U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the oldest member of Congress, fell in her home and was briefly hospitalized Tuesday, her office said. A spokesman says she has returned home.

The 90-year-old California Democrat has faced mounting concerns about her health. #AP
11:45 AM - Aug 09, 2023
12:19 PM - Aug 09, 2023
P Segal
A
In response to Kevin Reilly.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
03:00 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Kevin Reilly
A
In response to P Segal.
Are age minimums then also ageist? Why do we have age minimum requirements to serve but not age maximums? I'm sure there are some very mature teenagers who could serve as well, right?
03:05 PM - Aug 09, 2023
P Segal
A
07:52 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Kevin Reilly
A
The age requirement for President is 35, Senate 30, and House 25. If the brain is fully developed at 21 why do we have those limits?

If the brain is fully developed at 21 wouldn't it also be a fair statement that the brain (in general) also declines after a certain age?
In response to P Segal.
07:56 PM - Aug 09, 2023
P Segal
A
08:10 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Kevin Reilly
A
In response to P Segal.
You commented on my post, I didn't comment on yours. You are the one who opened the door to discussion. If you want people to just blindly agree with you or not retort to your statements then you shouldn't comment.

And yes, I do and have known brilliant older people.
08:16 PM - Aug 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}