Mike Trozzo
A
thread 1/5
THREAD:
Even if Aaron Boone is gone after the season (and it's looking increasingly likely), I don't have a lot of faith that the next guy will be much better if at all.
As a (football) Giants fan, I saw this play out for the last 10 years:

#Yankees #YankeesSpoutible
06:43 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Mike Trozzo
A
thread 2/5
First Tom Coughlin was the problem so they put him out to pasture. Then Ben McAdoo. Then Pat Shurmur. Then Joe Judge. Nothing got better because the problem was systemic top to bottom.
06:44 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Mike Trozzo
A
thread 3/5
Through all the coaching changes, Jerry Reese and then Dave Gettleman were pulling the strings, and doing as poorly as Brian Cashman.
The #Yankees won't get back up to the top until there's a complete housecleaning like the Giants did with bringing in Schoen and Daboll.
Mike Trozzo
A
thread 4/5
There's only one problem though: Co-owner Steve Tisch put his foot down and told the Maras that these changes were needed (I remember the 70s - the Maras are legendary for their resistance to change. The league practically forced them to hire George Young).
Mike Trozzo
A
thread 5/5
The #Yankees org doesn't have (and desperately needs) a Steve Tisch who can put his foot down with Hal.
/end
#YankeesSpoutible
06:45 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Mike Trozzo
A
I agree that Coughlin should absolutely be in the HOF. I think at the end it was a combination of things. Crap rosters, maybe Tom lost a step, and also the health issues with his wife that led him to eventually retire.
In response to David Belisle.
11:07 AM - Aug 11, 2023
David Belisle
A
In response to Mike Trozzo.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:41 PM - Aug 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}