Portia McGonagal
A
"I was polite, but I told them I was in a rush, and he said he saw my tags but chose to hold me up anyway. It felt like they were making me wait just because they could." 1/

https://www.salon.com/2023...
09:54 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Douglas Johnston
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
Most cops are men. They love to feel the power. Control freak cops are bad, bad, bad.
07:12 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Tawanda J
A
Time and time again we see cops show the utmost restraint when dealing with extremely violent yt men. At the same time they show zero restraint with a Black man that simply is running away from them.
10:36 AM - Feb 20, 2023
DazedAndConfused
A
I feel this. Even after I pass cops set up on the roadside and I know I’ve done nothing wrong. I still look in my rearview mirror until I’m sure they have decided not to focus on me - this time
10:26 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Belle Burr
A
Whew. Yeah. I live here and I love my city. But. I also know the cops I see every day when I walk my dogs would just as soon shoot me as talk to me when I am driving my car.
10:09 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Belle Burr.
What an absolutely terrible truth💔
10:17 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Pamela
A
I once was in a car with (black) cop friends and was pulled over. Even they were nervous. The driver, normally boisterous, was extraordinarily polite to the (white) officer- almost obsequious, even dropping his voice a couple of octaves. We later teased him but in retrospect he likely kept us safe.
10:05 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
Here's the thing for the "just comply" people. The cops pull Black and other men of color over to remind them who's boss. They are not doing it in good faith. They do it because they can. And then look for any excuse to escalate things. 2/
09:56 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
So true. We have a friend who is a Brown federal agent. He drove from PHX to Quantico in a rental car once and got stopped at least 3 times in every state except NM for no reason at all. Like they didn't even bother giving one, just stopped him
10:05 AM - Feb 20, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
Definitely a form of bullying. I am convinced that many kids who were bullies in school become cops.
10:17 AM - Feb 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}