Matt Egan he/him/his
A
Cuoy Griffin has been disqualified from running for office again under Section 3 of the 14th amendment! If you don't know the name, Google it. His disqualification is a HUGE win for democracy!!!
08:49 PM - Aug 11, 2023 (Edited)
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Matt Egan he/him/his.
Excellent!

And continues to build precedent for applying section 3 of the 14th Amendment to January 6th insurrectionists, including their Dear Leader who should not be on the ballot.

#14thAmendmentSection3
#DisqualifyHim
09:12 PM - Aug 12, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I wrote a piece on this for Post. Unfortunately it would require a 2/3rds vote in each chamber of Congress for section 3 of the 14th amendment to be put in effect at a federal level. Without an absolute landslide in 2024, this is unfortunately, a long, long, long shot.
03:49 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
He led "Cowboys for Trump".
09:12 PM - Aug 12, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
Do you have an article which explains this for Canadians looking from afar? I googled his name and got a bunch of articles from Sep 2022. Is there a recent appeal decision that has confirmed this outcome?
10:07 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Deb Prothero.
Look at his YouTube videos. He says Trump was anointed by God himself to return America to the Christian Nationalist nation "we are supposed to be". He was also on the steps of the Capitol on 1/6, involved in the takeover with Cliven Bundy when extremists took over a wildlife center, the list goes o
07:07 PM - Aug 12, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
Is this Oregon?
09:59 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Mindy!!!.
He's from Mew Mexico, but was involved with Cliven Bundy when extremists took over the Malhewer Wildlife center(apologies in advance if I butchered the spelling) and had the armed standoff with the FBI. His 1/6 actions are what he was disqualified for IIRC....
07:11 PM - Aug 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}