Tess Snider
A
Unless it's an entertainment product, you should not make your AI pretend to be emotional. Our tools do not need to have fake emotions. This is abusive towards actual human beings.

#ai #software #ethics
07:51 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Some people never learn...
A
In response to Tess Snider.
Pointless, yes. Abusive? Really?

Kind of downplaying the lived realities of people in truly abusive situations...
08:01 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Tess Snider
A
In response to Some people never learn....
Yes, abusive. Abuse comes in a lot of shapes and sizes. Talking about less-severe forms of abuse does not downplay more severe abuse.

AI with fake emotions has already caused some people significant confusion and distress, in some cases. It's only going to get worse.
08:29 PM - Feb 19, 2023
A
Verifiable examples?
08:35 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Tess Snider
A
Are you just sea lioning, or are you asking in good faith?

( http://wondermark.com/1k62/ )
08:57 PM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
A
I'm asking if you can provide an example this has happened. If you can't, just say that and move on...
09:09 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Tess Snider
A
Surely, you already saw what happened to Blake Lemoine. He mistakenly thought that the AI he was working with at Google was alive, and made a fuss about it, and lost his job. He had his life ruined by a chatbot.
09:24 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Tess Snider
A
I can give you another example, but I don't understand why you need it. The potential for harm is obvious.
09:25 PM - Feb 19, 2023
A
Only to people not paying attention.
10:59 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Tess Snider
A
Are you saying that the potential for harm only exists for people not paying attention, or are you saying that it's only obvious to people not paying attention?
04:33 PM - Feb 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}