Christina
A
Seeing a lot of anti-South posts today, I assume due to MTG. The only thing the South has done is become disenfranchised and then basically abandoned by the Democratic party. If you think we should be further abandoned and left to live under such conditions you are part of the problem.
12:20 PM - Feb 20, 2023 (Edited)
Brennon
A
In response to Christina.
I’m tired of people thinking 54% majority means everyone. If for whatever unimaginable reason Texas succeeds I would move my family as quickly as I could but it would financially ruin me. I’d have to abandon my extended family in the process. It would be horrible for anyone not drinking the koolaid
11:24 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Therese Brosseau
A
Serious question: how has the Dem party disenfranchised and abandoned the south? Esp when it is heavily cons/Rep controlled? 1/2 my fam is from the S. S Dem rels vote the same as the N Dems vote. Meanwhile my S Rep rels are leaving tv’s on when they leave so “the blacks won’t rob them” 🤷🏻‍♀️
12:32 PM - Feb 20, 2023 (Edited)
Christina
A
In response to Therese Brosseau.
I didn't say they disenfranchised us. I said we became disenfranchised and then the Dem party abandoned us. Dems running for election get no to little support from national leadership.
12:37 PM - Feb 20, 2023
hal
A
Not only is it infuriating that there is so little concern for the rights of people who will fall under the boot of the "New" "New South", it's simply ignorant to imagine that the rest of the country will be spared from the awful consequences.
12:27 PM - Feb 20, 2023

@christina deleted this reply.

12:25 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Christina
A
In response to Phoenician.
Is it the fault of the disenfranchised who are mostly Black? Is it the fault of the Dems who keep trying to win elections here but can't get support from national leadership? You can write us off. That's fine. Reps will cont to gerrymander, gain more control, then the entire US will live like this.
12:35 PM - Feb 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}