Elektra 🖖
A
Story time! Back in the 70s when we lived in South Dakota, my dad took us kids to see the movie Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind. The next day he took us on a 2 hr mystery road trip where we ended up at Devil’s Tower! 🤗 We lost our collective sh*t! My dad knew how to dad 😄
Susan Sevranek @beachvibes
Devils Tower
Wyoming USA
This site is worth the out of the way drive.
It is definitely a #Tower of rock with unusual patterns and a very cool legend to go along with it.
You won’t be sorry you made the trip !
Pic is my own
HAPPY FRIDAY POD !!!! #DailyPictureTheme
06:40 AM - Aug 11, 2023
10:25 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Roger
A
In response to Elektra 🖖.
I'm from South Dakota! (now living in Vermont, which I love). I lived in Mobridge, Yankton, Rapid City(graduated high school there), and my first year of teaching was in Eureka!
10:48 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Elektra 🖖
A
In response to Roger.
My dad was stationed at Ellsworth AFB from ‘77 to ‘80. We lived on Base but I went to Douglas High which was just off Base. The kids from Box Elder went there too.
11:16 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Roger
A
Oh, wow! I was at Rapid City Central from 1978 and graduated in 1980! I danced with some students from Douglas at a studio in RC. That's really crazy!
10:36 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Elektra 🖖
A
In response to Roger.
Your school was so much bigger than ours! I was in basketball and marching band and you guys just dominated us 😂. We were just a bunch of Air Force brats and farm kids.
10:45 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Roger
A
Central was a big school! I had moved from Nebraska where my class was about 75 kids. There were 525 in my RCC class!
The only person I remember from Douglas was a dancer friend, her name was BJ. I don't remember her last name or her "real" name, but she was terrific! I occasionally went to E
10:59 AM - Aug 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}