Travel Buff
A
@JessMartin , here is a photo of a typical Fabada stew you find in Spain and Portugal. The first one was from near Jaca in the Pyrenees. The 2nd photo is from a small town outside of Evora in Portugal.
01:57 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Travel Buff
A
In response to Travel Buff.
Tracing back, these are both in Portugal. The restaurant was a family place in Alandroal. Complete with boars heads. The wine was the house wine likely from the Alentejo. The house wines seemed to usually be very good. My wife is sitting outside a taberna in Tomar..
01:16 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Karen Pierson
A
Looks delicious! Would love to have a recipe for this if you're able to share.
08:28 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Travel Buff
A
In response to Karen Pierson.
My wife is the chef. I'll ask her for her recipe. She has to make due with what is available here in AZ, so it may be useful. Otherwise look for Asturian Fabada Stew and I think you'll find some. The key, imo, are the large Fabada beans. They are creamy. We brought some back with us, but I'll check.
12:19 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Jess Martin
A
LOL I love the wine you're holding - what was that? You look very relaxed!

Also, are they two big pieces of tocino in the fabada? How does it differ from your wife's fabada? Spice? Smoky or sweet paprika?
08:28 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Travel Buff
A
In response to Jess Martin.
I've often seen tocino in the stews, smoked paprika is the key. The morcella is a big part and they use two different sausages sometimes. We can get Spanish chorizo here. My wife uses ham,
Saffron, bay leaf, garlic, salt, pepper, in my wife's recipe. I'll put out her recipe. Someone asked.
12:27 AM - Aug 14, 2023 (Edited)
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:07 PM - Aug 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}