Ellen Leigh
A
Here ya go.
The word "homosexuality" wasn't added in the Bible until 1946, but y'all aren't ready to have that conversation. The word it replaced was "arsenokoitai". Which translates to child molester, not homosexual.
CHILD MOLESTER.
10:17 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Bethany Williamson
B
In response to Ellen Leigh.
Do you know the source for this? I’d love to read it
01:52 PM - Dec 10, 2023
bardsandsages
A
This reminds me of something I read years ago about Exodus 22:18. Apparently, the original word doesn't translate to "witch," but rather a specific TYPE of magic user that uses magic to kill people. Most likely some sort of necromancy.
03:47 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Jen The Muse
A
I believe it was a specific passage pointed to the Greeks too. Man/young boy abuse was very common. I've read a lot about Sparta in particular.
10:23 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Is this true? Not that I ever cared about sketchy Christians cherry picking scripture while sinning all up and down the road. But now I want to know all about this change and why it is. And of course the history of society equating homosexuality to pedophilia.
10:21 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I'm sure you can find all kinds of stuff on this topic. The truth is, the Bible has been edited endlessly to suit who-ever has done the translations and who has paid for the work. The original version no longer exists. I'm in the middle of 'Misquoting Jesus' on my nightstand.
11:34 AM - Aug 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}