Nyah M
A
thread 1/3
Many Americans think that Hawai'ians lived in huts prior to colonization. The US actually de-industrialized Hawai'i. Before 1898, Hawai'i already had mass transit, railroads. The city of Honolulu was lit by nationalized, renewable hydropower before the White House had electricity.
07:14 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Nyah M
A
thread 2/3
54% of Americans can't read above a 6th grade level TODAY, teachers quit in droves, with trillions in student debt which graduates can't pay. A stark contrast to Hawaii's universal free quality education. Hawaiians had the world's highest literacy rate (98%).
07:15 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Nyah M
A
thread 3/3
Many still think Hawaiians walk around with grass skirts and coconut bras.
07:16 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Jennifer Wolf
A
In response to Nyah M.
I get it. In 8th grade we went to DC for spring break. There was also a group of kids from NY. We’re from TX. NY kids asked us if we rode cows (horses) to school everyday. Did we have cars? 🤦‍♀️
09:49 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
In response to Nyah M.
My best friend in high school was Hawaiian. She certainly would not wear those but she was a big fan of hot pants and Women's Lib.
08:40 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Nyah M.
Thank you for sharing this information. I hope you will share more info on Hawaii. ♥️
08:33 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Nyah M
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
I am cautious about sharing information about Hawaii and Hawaiian culture because I am not Hawaiian...I am an ally but I try to stay in my lane as it is not really my place.

But I will share some information that comes my way.
08:37 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Charlene Deveraturda
A
In response to Nyah M.
Once a U.S. customer bought something from me online, and actually thought she had to pay international fee for shipping. Unreal.
07:21 AM - Aug 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}