Ola
A
thread 1/8
True Story As Narrated

When my daughter was 18months old, she figured out how to get out of her crib. Everytime we put her in it, she found her way out. She'll turn up in our room grinning with pride because she "escaped". It was frustrating, but we got used to it. Everything was okay until one day
10:41 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Ola
A
thread 2/8
I was downstairs in the kitchen and heard a bang! A few seconds later, I heard TEARS, and it was all I needed to know that our special climber had fallen during one of her escape missions.

I ran upstairs and was relieved because the fall wasn't too bad. Her leg had simply slipped.
10:44 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Ola
A
thread 3/8
It was more the shock and the unexpected nature of the fall that had her crying so loudly. It was understandable. Of course, I gave her lots of hugs and kisses until she calmed down. Needless to say, she refused to climb out of her crib after that.

Her crib is big, and she still uses it.
10:46 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Ola
A
thread 4/8
So for a whole year, she never took the risk of climbing out of the crib. Not because she didn't know how to, but because the trauma from her previous fall had her locked in a prison of fear. I tried many times, but it was always a no!

I have thought about this often. How traumatic experiences….
10:49 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Ola
A
thread 5/8
keep us bound. We don't become all that we have been created to be because the fear of failure or pain is overwhelming. We hide our potential &pretend we don't know it exists because it is safer that way

At some point, we’ve to decide: "Would I rather try & fail or stay where I am & never be more"
10:52 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Ola
A
thread 6/8
We let the fear of the unknown stop us. We just keep thinking "what if it doesn't work?" But what if it does?

This platform is a very good example. If @cbouzy is just thinking "What if it doesn’t work?", I will not be writing this on here today.

Always think "Why if it works"?
Believe in yourself.
10:56 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Ola
A
thread 7/8
Today, my daughter climbed out of her crib again after over a year of being too afraid. She was ready! I noticed she climbed with a bit more caution and with a new strategy.

So maybe the fall was the lesson she needed to do things "better". Her fall was not so bad after all.
10:58 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Ola
A
thread 8/8
I don't know what you have experienced or what you are dealing with, but I feel I should remind you that what does not destroy you can only make you stronger.

It is time for you to face your fear and try again. It'll either work out brilliantly or you'll learn something.

Happy Spouting! 🐳 💦 🥰
10:59 AM - Aug 16, 2023 (Edited)
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
In response to Ola.
What a wonderful story.

One question, though. Since this is posted on social media, would that then make her a *social climber*?

That's OK, I'll see myself out...😄
09:54 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Valerie
B
In response to Ola.
This is so lovely of a story and life lesson. Thx for sharing this. I feel like this applies to sooo much of our lives. Including politics. I always wonder why we aren’t in the streets!! But so much violence to silence protesters have us all hesitating. May we have your daughters courage. 🕊️👍
02:56 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Emskware
A
In response to Ola.
1. This is so important. Eons ago, I underwent rebirthing, which was a form of guided self-hypnosis that brings you back to crisis times in your life, and you relive them knowing now what you did not know then and making new choices as to how to deal with them.
11:29 AM - Aug 16, 2023 (Edited)
Emskware
A
In response to Emskware.
2. For example, I went back to a time in my crib where I was stressed and grasping on to the crib posts listening to my parents viciously fighting over money. My mother calling my father worthless because he didn't earn enough. I always had money issues in life, never thinking I had enough.
11:31 AM - Aug 16, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}