Charlene Deveraturda
A
Andaya said he did not regret his decision in response to a reporter’s question. Sirens are used for tsunamis, not for brushfires, he said. 😡 He just did cell phone alerts when power was out & cell towers were down. Letting radio stations alert the community never crossed his mind? Incompetence.
08:51 PM - Aug 16, 2023
AlwaysThinkHow
A
Honestly that fire moved so fast in tiny Lahaina, 100 feet in 20 seconds, per a FEMA expert that there wasn't time for any warning system. People smelled the smoke and saw the flames. This is a bs blame game. But they should have cut the power.
In response to Charlene Deveraturda.
09:26 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Charlene Deveraturda
A
In response to AlwaysThinkHow.
And finally, another new article for you to read.
10:39 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Charlene Deveraturda
A
I don't appreciate the "BS Blame Game" comment when others are questioning his competency for the job. We lived for days not knowing how my son was. If I am skeptical, it's because I live here and know how things are. New article:
10:13 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Charlene Deveraturda
A
Yeah, cutting the power would have helped. Residents said a downed line kept reigniting a fire after firefighters left. There an investigation into the weak points of response or non-response.
09:47 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Charlene Deveraturda
A
My son and his family were in Lahaina and were searching the car radio for any news due to power outage/cell towers down. No direction was ever given in any part of the disaster. Fire hydrants were dry due to water not being released from irrigation sources. Water access is an issue on Maui.
09:43 PM - Aug 16, 2023
AlwaysThinkHow
A
In response to Charlene Deveraturda.
The old emergency radio and tv emergency alert system that worked really well was shut down some time ago. We still have car radios and my phone has an FM radio with headphones plugged in. I don't understand why it was abandoned nationwide.
10:11 PM - Aug 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}