ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 1/3
People who say #libraries will become obsolete because of technology have 1) never worked the reference desk and 2) have never worked in any kind of customer service job dealing with #technology
01:50 AM - Aug 17, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 2/3
I worked for the #Disney Movie Club years ago, in their call center. The amount of people who do NOT read the fine print on those free dvd offers is wild. So yeah, people will ALWAYS need help with #technology
01:53 AM - Aug 17, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 3/3
I mean, I’ve even done tech support lines where we try to help people fix their printers, set up their iPads, figure out how to fix their spam folders, discern phishing emails, download library materials - people are ALWAYS going to need #libraries and #Librarians
01:56 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Debbie Joyce
A
I remember when my children used to laugh at my encyclopedias…until a hurricane knocked out our electricity for a couple of weeks. Amazing how useful books are when you have to do homework without a computer 😏
In response to ميجان the Librarian.
01:55 AM - Aug 17, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
In response to Debbie Joyce.
EXACTLY. Tech breaks down! Books don’t. If you’re technically astute enough, you can download books for offline reading if your power goes out but people are typically more concerned about conserving phone/tablet battery
01:58 AM - Aug 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}