Becky Werner
A
~ Your local Post Office could soon be closed, If DeJoy follows through with his 10 year plan of gutting the USPS and job losses would happen ~ #Politics https://truthout.org/articles/dejoys-10-year-plan-could-gut-usps-he-doesnt-want-you-to-know-the-deta...
11:44 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to Becky Werner.
My local post office is a 18X40 mobile home that is open from 10-2 M-F.

They had a job opening posted on the door.
$315.80 bi-weekly 🤦‍♀️ and it required minimum 25 hours per week. (Contractual job)

Not even minimum wage! And responsible for your own taxes, SS, & Medicare.
12:19 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Kos
A
I'm not a DeJoy supporter, that's for damned sure, but I don't know if the author of this article understands how USPS works, or that they deliver to almost every address in the nation, every day. Right now they can't bring in enough people to fill vacancies and the population continues to grow.
11:56 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Kos
A
In response to Kos.
There is also some genuine weirdness within the USPS. I just found out rural carriers have a completely different union than city carriers. How does that work? I still agree that DeJoy has made everything worse, with the possible exception of the electric fleet.
12:00 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Alexander J. McKinley, QBE
A
There has to be some way to get his ass outta there.
11:50 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Becky Werner
A
In response to Alexander J. McKinley, QBE.
~ DeJoy has a rare job as a Post Master General, It's a "No Term Limit" position ~ Only the Board of Governor's can vote him out ~ President Biden had his nominees confirmed by the Senate to be on The BoG, but I guess they decided to not vote DeJoy out of being a PMG ~
11:52 AM - Aug 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}