Rivka
A
It's not about whether or not you "support" the 2nd amendment, is about whether we can interpret the clause for some common sense gun control or create a new amendment based on 21st century guns.
12:28 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Rivka.
There is absolutely no reason a private citizen should be able to buy a 50 caliber rigle or a 338 lapua. The minimum and maximum affective range of these weapons are far too extreme for an individual to have any realistic use outside of a combat scenario.
12:46 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Rivka
A
I would argue there's no reason for most people to have a gun that are not in a field that requires it for their job or business. But we have that amendment, so let's dust it off and give her a little update, it's allowed and expected from the founders
In response to Ellie Byrd.
01:29 PM - Aug 17, 2023 (Edited)
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Rivka.
Agreed completely!! I can maybe MAYBE see having a rifle for hunting purposes but even then there should be strict criteria regarding caliber and capacity. Even that is a hard sell for me!! Personally I hate firearms in general but I'm trying to be as objective and realistic as possible....
02:28 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Rivka
A
In response to Ellie Byrd.
I hear that! I'm neutral in gun ownership, but pro regulations that keep people safe. People cannot own guns with impunity just because. My life has more value than your privilege to own a gun. I've had the idea to levy a high tax on bullets, or regulate bullets. Not sure the legality on that
02:42 PM - Aug 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}