Christopher Bouzy
A
It's not just advertisers. People are blocking blue checkmark accounts because many of those accounts are just trolls.
Dianne Davis @diannemando
His advertisers are being blocked. They’re probably complaining.

I was blocking every single advertiser on there. Whoever supports it financially, to me, is complicit in a horrible development of unchecked violent extremists & outrageously dangerous propaganda that’s now flooding that piss-hole.
12:59 PM - Aug 18, 2023
01:16 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Caffeinated Librarian
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Blocked every blue check troll that pops up at the top of every post. Dregs of society with $8 to waste. I have blocked dozens today and I am really tired of it.
05:13 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Lucy
A
The algorithm prioritizes the blue check trolls to the top of the replies, making them easy to find. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Paying to get blocked.🤣
03:15 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Patrick Short
A
Part of my daily routine is blocking 30 check-mark trolls. And it's started to make a difference, as I see "account you blocked" in more and more replies. So yes, let's ruin that while also allowing stalkers access to their victims. Genius.
02:30 PM - Aug 18, 2023
DontbeCON_d
B
Indeed, I block lots of blue checks. Not all blue checks are trolls, but the most sickening trolls are blue checks. You can pretty much spot them by what they write without seeing the blue check.
01:57 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
That’s for sure. 27,000+ blocked, and most of those were political and fandom trolls. About 1/8th were ads.
01:56 PM - Aug 18, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
Huh. So, you’re telling me EM one big “innovation” (selling #bluecheck ) is actually hurting his advertisers which is now resulting in him cancelling the #block feature will likely cause more users to flee, further reducing the reach of the platform?

Yup. A real genius, this guy. #ElonMuskedUp
01:43 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Tom a.k.a. Charlie’s dad
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
The social media equivalent of an inescapable funhouse of mirrors, entrapping all who enter - along with the owner.
01:57 PM - Aug 18, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
I'm not going to lie. I blocked every single advertiser on Twitter since he took over. I didn't want to accidentally look at or buy anything from people who were giving money to a white supremacist. I don't give aid & comfort to the enemies of our democracy.
01:42 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Win White
A
Is getting rid of blocking the dumbest thing Elon has done since he bought Twitter? Does he really understand that if you can only mute, someone can slander you or spread disinformation every time you post & you won’t know it?
01:41 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Kerry McCarty
A
I was liberally blocking but decided it was still swimming in the sewer. Good riddance Shitter
01:32 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Joyous Warrior
A
Elon. No more blocking on X. So the hate speech will be much harder to avoid. Spoutable is so much safer.
01:29 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Not a Problematic Liz
A
Maintaining block lists is one of the most expensive procedures at twitter. Lol, I was totally telling everyone to block all the blue checks on site.
01:26 PM - Aug 18, 2023
b3d0u1n
A
I’ve been tweeting to ☝️
01:24 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Ben
A
Elon has a bottomless pit he can't fill. He so wants to be liked by everyone that he can't stand being blocked by anyone.
01:19 PM - Aug 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}