MonzaMayhem
A
This is only going to get worse. In the US, the CDC no longer requires hospitals to track hospital-acquired Covid even though hospitals are required to track many other diseases.
Cara (C.K. Kelly) Martin @CaraCKMartin
So angry to read about how hospitals are infecting vulnerable people with covid through reckless disregard for patient health. Nobody should be entering patient rooms unmasked. Nobody. https://tinyurl.com/47f9vsvn #OttNews #CovidIsNotOver
03:05 PM - Aug 18, 2023
03:07 PM - Aug 18, 2023
M McC
A
In response to MonzaMayhem.
A few weeks ago I went for my first visit to a Nurse Practitioner who was recommended to me. No one in the office was masked.

I wore a mask. The NP gave all sorts of "reasons" they weren't masked. I felt she tried to make me feel bad. /1
03:12 PM - Aug 18, 2023 (Edited)
M McC
A
In response to M McC.
I now have COVID. I called her office and asked for an RX for Paxlovid.

She said "No". Told me it is reserved for people with chronic conditions or immunocompromised.

Not ever going back to her. 😡 /2
03:14 PM - Aug 18, 2023 (Edited)
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to M McC.
I've been to the doctor and hospital several times over the past 2 months. I always mask. Occasionally I'll have a nurse or MD ask if I would prefer they wear a mask. Then they usually pull out a surgical mask. The only medical professional who consistently masks in an N95 is my naturopath.
03:18 PM - Aug 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}