Dan Eldredge
A
I can't speak for all parts of America, but where I grew up, I was NEVER indoctrinated to believe that America was the best country by any standard in literally ANYTHING. I was taught that America was good, even great in some aspects, but the best in everything? Not at all.
Scott Johnson @ScottJohnson
As an American, I have been indoctrinated since childhood that the US is the absolute best country in the world, by any standard. I think we have a lot of work to do.
06:45 AM - Mar 13, 2023
01:00 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Cade Timbers
A
In response to Dan Eldredge.
Did you learn that from your parents? Travel internationally or have international friends?

I grew up in the Midwest and all of my education in one way or another pushed that nothing was better than the USA. Even where the US had flaws our flaws were still better. Nothing could be done about them.
01:24 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Dan Eldredge
A
In response to Cade Timbers.
I grew up in New England, & my father was from Nebraska. Didn't travel, didn't have international friends. From my parents and my education, American exceptionalism just wasn't a thing, and any belief that America was somehow inherently superior to other countries was never pushed on me in any way.
02:01 AM - Aug 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}