Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 1/7
I am bored sitting in an airport so I am going to post some pics for you glorious folks of… you guessed it… trees! (Try to contain your excitement!) #trees #Forests #EntPics
First in the queue, anyone guess any species here? No clues…
08:55 AM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 2/7
The interesting thing about this one 4 me is the snag in center. When #trees die they become food and home for #insects & #fungi . Those become food for #birds and #mammals . Eventually they fall and become part of the soil #ecosystem . That’s why ecologists call tree death, the 2nd life of trees.
09:00 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 3/7
Same area as last pic. This #forest stand was thinned leaving high quality crop oaks & maples. Toured w/ landowners and loggers. I call this “elegant” forestry bc the nearby river was wholly protected, wildlife habitat was conserved, community used the wood, & super oak seedlings resulted.
09:03 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 4/7
Just when I think I’m the biggest nerd alive (and my kids tell me so) I meet a random landowner who shows me this. This pic shows a #RedOak acorn (Quercus rubra). Just above that on the top of the twig, is the start of next year’s #Acorn !
09:09 AM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 5/7
Just a very short aside here to mention I LOVE THE EDIT BUTTON. Ahem. Carrying on… #Spoutible
09:10 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 6/7
This is just a very pretty #RedOak seedling.
09:14 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
thread 7/7
Ok, getting ready to board my plane so this is the last set. I’m the Sierra Mountains, California in May just after the mountains start melting. Forest meadow restoration and then some of an old growth stand of ponderosa pine and other species. Have a great day all!
09:17 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Sean Parks (self verified)
A
I'm also a fan trees. Here are a couple Rocky Mountain Bristlecone Pine trees (Colorado)
In response to Wokeity Woke Woke.
10:12 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Wokeity Woke Woke
A
In response to Sean Parks (self verified).
Oooo. That is a treet. I love this species. The longest lived species in the world! Also really long lived seed. Very nice. #trees #EntPics
10:53 AM - Aug 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}