Tristan Snell
A
ANY state or local official can REJECT Trump as constitutionally disqualified from office, under the 14th Amendment, Section 3.

It does not require Congress.

It does not require a lawsuit.

Trump has ALREADY been disqualified. Automatically.
01:59 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Meryll Larkin
A
In response to Tristan Snell.
I want to live in your fantasy world. There is apparently a gap between law and enforcement in the world where I live.
01:58 AM - Jan 08, 2024
Barry Pakenham
C
While I agree, the only way I see traitor off ballot are actually Jack convictions.
I want traitor to run, and lose yet again.
12:17 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Alicia Norman
A
true--and that should be the running play--at least in Dem states... republicans don't care.
05:59 PM - Aug 21, 2023
Kyle Hagedorn
A
In response to Alicia Norman.
In strong Dem-leaning states, there's no reason to do it. Letting him run when he's guaranteed to lose in say, WA, just stops the GOP from considering alternatives. And the press resulting from it would just tick off his cultists for a bad mix of "more ballot turnout" & "more domestic terrorism."
09:17 PM - Nov 07, 2023
Ang Darkstar
A
True, didn't Gavin Newsom already do this?
03:52 PM - Aug 21, 2023
RA
A
And which states controlled by Democrats would affect the outcome of the election by rejecting Trump's bid for office? I'll wait. 🤔
03:52 PM - Aug 21, 2023
Jettyon Pyatt
A
he wouldn't and couldn't take the oath of office if he won so why would Americans give their country away to him?
We don't need an amendment, DOJ, Congress, We need to make our voices heard and do everything we can to see our fellow citizens voices elevated as well!
We got this💯👊🏾
08:05 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Koronin
A
It appears California is looking into it.
06:18 PM - Aug 20, 2023
HumTeach
A
Dispensing with due process in the Constitution to zap someone you don't like is the essence of antidemocratic policy and politics.

I am just blown away how many people think the Constitution can be enforced arbitrarily by individuals.

Heads up - IT CAN'T.

Can you say judicial branch?
04:27 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Will Hutchinson
A
Someone, though, has to sue the various secretaries of state to force them to do their jobs.
04:25 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Justin Barnes
A
True, but the states that would consider this are the states he’s not going to win anyway.
02:37 PM - Aug 20, 2023
David Polvado
A
In response to Justin Barnes.
Probably just a pipe dream, but doesn’t he need Michigan, Arizona and Pennsylvania for any chance at 270?
11:55 AM - Aug 24, 2023
MuzykConnexUs
A
"Can" is the operative word. So far, from what I've seen, they're playing the "we don't wanna piss off the crazies" game 🙄😒
02:13 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Danny Boy
A
I’d like to believe this, however I’d already believed we had laws governing separation of church and state. And in many other areas as well. It seems to be a free for all.
02:12 PM - Aug 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}