The Best Karen
A
Wow, with only a few responses, I feel like I need to echo this. I'm sorry folks, but we need to talk about the good, bad and the ugly too of this country's history.
The Best Karen @CapiLady
Tulsa, OK, 1921 a wave of racial violence destroyed an affluent Black community, seen as a threat to white-dominated American capitalism. Black Wall Street was the Greenwood neighborhood where Black Americans had created a self-sufficient prosperous business district. #BlackHistoryMonth
03:45 AM - Feb 20, 2023
04:30 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Chuck IsStillAround
B
In response to The Best Karen.
There is no American history without black history. It is so entwined in this country everyone should learn it.
02:59 PM - Feb 21, 2023
bunky
A
It's hard to believe that this was never mentioned in my American History class in the 60's. I first read about this in the past 10 years, and was stunned. I believe there is MORE to come. Shameful.
02:48 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Doreen Carvajal
A
Écho. Wilmington, North Carolina. Elite politicians staged an 1898 coup in a black majority city with the aid of white militias, voter suppression and murder.
01:36 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
Amazingly there are still at least living survivors.. They were recently permitted to continue in a lawsuit being brought on their behalf. It was very interesting listening to one of the survivors they interviewed.
The issue is that we need pray that they live long enough to survive to a judgement.
01:35 PM - Feb 21, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
You cannot truly love something (or someone) until you see it’s flaws. This is why we need to learn all of our history. Even the parts we white people are ashamed of. Because how else can we strive to do better than our past, if we don’t know our past?
05:34 AM - Feb 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}