poisondartfrog resists
A
And another one. Florida is systematically destroying education in the state. It's not just DeSantis, compliant is complicit.
05:55 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Susan Simon
A
In response to poisondartfrog resists.
I too wondered about the timing...lots of folks on bird app posted as if now, when clearly not. But still important to note. This is why they can't get folks to teach in FL and it won't ease soon.Shortages everywhere...Come to MA if you need to. $ of living high, but worth the gov't services.
12:49 PM - Feb 21, 2023 (Edited)
Cre8ve2
A
In response to Susan Simon.
They are trying this mess in VA now. Unions are no help here. I just want out of teaching. I didn't think it could get any worse since COVID, yet here we are.
12:56 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Archie Leach
A
Well lookie here! As I suspected, the posted article is old. The Escambia board of ed responded to this teacher last year, in August. Why does the article re teacher have a Feb 2023 date? There's enough bs going on in Florida education today that we dont need recycled outrage.
07:01 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Archie Leach
A
I would swear that I read this same exact story at the start of the current school year. Why is the publication date shown as February? And why is he "setting up" his classroom in February? This is done at the start of the school year -- August in Florida. Something is not right with this article.
06:49 AM - Feb 21, 2023
poisondartfrog resists
A
In response to Archie Leach.
You are correct. I checked the date of the article because it was familiar and it was current. My bad.
07:24 AM - Feb 21, 2023
DJEPHD
A
In response to Archie Leach.
I taught in a public school system in Georgia and I changed my boards out: eg. March = St. Patrick's, Feb = Black History Month, etc... That practice is not uncommon.
08:47 AM - Feb 21, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}