Michael Parlee
A
Crystal Palace 0-1 Arsenal FT
The game opened up after Odegaard's penalty, but once Tomiyasu was sent off, Arsenal had to tighten up even more, though Palace tested them repeatedly. I'm not a fan of the heavy-handed enforcement of the time-wasting rule, by the way.
#EPL #CRYARS
04:56 PM - Aug 21, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Michael Parlee.
I know it's just week 2 but it feels like Arsenal can make a deeper run at Man City this year. They looked very good last year and now they have Declan Rice & Kyle Havertz. City also doesn't have KDB...

They also showed composure after Tomiyasu was shown the red card.

@jodontchaknow
09:29 PM - Aug 21, 2023
Michael Parlee
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
I was impressed with the composure they showed after the red card. Palace kept coming at them and they held up well.

As for making a run at City, I'd love to see it, and Arsenal has more depth now. Foden was an adequate fill-in for DeBruyne this week, but that's not really his role.
10:58 PM - Aug 21, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Agree... it was like when MacAllister got the red card last week. Not only did they hold on, they even scored... yeah, it was BOU, but still, that's impressive.

City is so deep, they should be ok.

The teams that are not ok: CHE, MNU & EVE (again)
11:06 PM - Aug 21, 2023
Michael Parlee
A
Isn't it funny how high expectations can be brought down to earth so fast? Chelsea and United looked pedestrian at best. Same old Everton, creating chances they can't convert and leaking goals at critical points in the game.
In response to Stewart Tan.
11:10 PM - Aug 21, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Re. EVE, I know it's just week 2 but I will be surprised if they don't get relegated this season... they are what I call "living dangerously".

Re. CHE/MNU, it shows it still takes 11 guys to make a football team. Having said that, I think they will sort things out... too much talent not to.
11:17 PM - Aug 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}