Spry Lorax
A
Every time I see someone brag about being "Independent" in this day & age, all I can think of is that quote from Desmond Tutu:

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Democrats are not the problem. Republicans are.
Pick a side.
11:32 PM - Aug 21, 2023
John Luttermoser
A
In response to Spry Lorax.
This is why I use the term "anti-Republican." I end up voting for Democrats who impress me and Democrats who don't.
07:14 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Dad For Ever
A
Being politically independent is not the same as being neutral to injustice. No one owes allegiance to any political party.

Pick a side?

Okay, avoid blind loyalty.
That is what created the current GOP.

Don't assume Democrats can't make the same mistakes.
"Us or Them" mentality is the first step.
05:39 AM - Sep 29, 2023
JC_🇺🇸
A
This needs to be echoed over & over & over & over...
01:19 AM - Sep 29, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
abso-fkng-loutely!
11:17 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Naomi Skarzinski
A
I'm Independent for a reason. In my state, as an Independent, I can vote in the Primary for party of my choosing. Thus, I get to go, sign in to vote, and they have to ask which party do I want to vote for. I loudly and proudly say Democrat! They don't ask if you are registered with a party. 😉
11:24 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Naomi Skarzinski
A
In response to Naomi Skarzinski.
Just my little private fun being able to legally, loudly, in the polling area, say DEMOCRAT!
11:26 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Lorraine Fish
A
Independents are people fleeing the Republican party, but cannot bring themselves to be called a Democrat.
It started with the W Bush administration.
Imho
09:39 PM - Aug 22, 2023
BigBrownGirl
A
04:25 PM - Aug 22, 2023
dmark
A
"The only thing in the middle of the road is a yellow stripe and dead armadillos."

/Jim Hightower/
12:21 AM - Aug 22, 2023
Natalie Hill
A
12:10 AM - Aug 22, 2023
Danielle Johnson
A
I claimed the Independent tag for years. Mitch McConnell’s pledge to make Obama a one-term President (we deprived him of his goal) moved me to center left, and the GOP’s embrace of the orange one moved me solid blue. I cannot believe they still embrace his sorry ass. It defies explanation.
11:40 PM - Aug 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}