Joshua Holland
A
A guy started talking to a woman, realized she was trans and pulled out a gun and shot her.

Local media described the hate crime as a “case of mistaken identity.”

#Fascism #lgbtq
10:56 AM - Aug 22, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Joshua Holland.
Where I live a man sat down next to a woman on a light rail train and asked her to marry him. She thought he was joking & said no. He shot and killed her at point blank range. Men don't need an excuse to kill women. They do it all the time for no reason.
08:57 PM - Aug 23, 2023
TarakaD
A
How is that a reason to shoot someone?🤬🤬
07:54 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
In response to TarakaD.
I remember reading a huge study published about 8 years ago. 13 percent of transgender people reported being violently attacked at job interviews. JOB INTERVIEWS. can you imagine getting attacked in a job interview?
08:49 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Grace Anderegg
A
💔 😰Transgender panic is not an acceptable legal defense. How insecure must a person be about their own sexuality to feel compelled to murder another human being? 🤬
07:42 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Adam Hackney
A
I'm perplexed at the very idea that shooting someone Trans is somehow acceptable in any situation.

About time we start making examples of guys like this.
10:50 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
His ID mistake made it ok to shoot the person because of what they are? What was it, open season on transgenders? This wasn't mistaken identity. This was attempted murder. Charges should be focused on this deliberate attack. No excuse for it.
10:23 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
Sickening.
12:18 PM - Aug 22, 2023
gdavidbrown
A
Keep calling them out and thank you. :-)
12:05 PM - Aug 22, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
Thankfully, this article sets the record straight. This wasn’t a case of mistaken identity. It was a hate crime.

We, as a country, cannot address the issues surrounding hate if we are afraid to call it out for what it is.

Terrorism towards marginalized groups is on the rise. Call it out.
11:28 AM - Aug 22, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
Infuriating. Not just the mistaken identity part, but the "biological male" part. Shouldn't there be some journalistic standard of calling someone who is transgender "transgender," instead of making biology arguments?
11:11 AM - Aug 22, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
Like they're in any position to do that. Are you a doctor? Are you their doctor? No? Then SHUT YOUR IGNORANT ASS UP.
08:54 PM - Aug 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}