Lorraine (L. Ryan) Storms
A
The company that prints my books has been increasing their costs since I first started printing with them in 2019 and insists on shipping via FedEx even though they are less than 20 miles from my home, it costs almost $200 to ship 100 books. This is no longer viable. Author friends, suggestions?
01:44 PM - Feb 21, 2023
T. Perran Mitchell
A
In response to Lorraine (L. Ryan) Storms.
I've had great experience with Greko printing. I use their Comixwellspring service to print all my comic books.
03:22 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
pick them up yourself or hire someone like a personal carrier to do it in a non-commercial vehicle. My dad would do stuff like that for people when he retired and charged a small fee
01:52 PM - Feb 21, 2023
A
In response to Cre8ve2.
They refuse to allow pick up as an option. I’ve asked multiple times. I would gladly do that work myself.
03:03 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Hobo Poet
A
I don't have a specific suggestion, but I do know that there have been massive paper shortages. I would try and find another printer that allows flexible choice for shipping, but paper costs have been steadily increasing due to the shortage. Maybe one that allows flexibility in paper choices, also.
01:48 PM - Feb 21, 2023
A
In response to Hobo Poet.
I understand rising costs and the paper options are there with this one. It’s really tye shipping charges that are insane. Especially when I live close enough to pick up myself, but they insist on charging me $200 to ship…
07:23 AM - Feb 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}