PEACE
A
5th person confirmed to be cured of HIV not remission but cured. #science

https://abcnews.go.com/Hea...
06:52 PM - Feb 20, 2023
DuchessOfSilver
A
In response to PEACE.
Wow I didn't know this: "Only 1% of the total population carries this genetic mutation that makes them resistant to HIV".
10:37 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Claudia Hall Christian (She/Her)
A
In response to DuchessOfSilver.
Originally, it was 1 person. But w the advent of cheaper dna tests, they've found more people
11:37 AM - Feb 21, 2023
DuchessOfSilver
A
In response to Claudia Hall Christian (She/Her).
I hope so.
01:24 PM - Feb 21, 2023
A
Sorry, I was on my phone. Here's the whole story -- They went to Africa to track down where the virus came from. They took something like a million samples and left. That's how they found the single person. It took years to track him down. It's amazing work. Truly. He gave them all of his samples.
03:07 PM - Feb 21, 2023
DuchessOfSilver
A
Wow, I didn't know about the whole thing. Thanks for telling. Do you have any link or article so I can read more. This is really interesting information.
03:42 PM - Feb 21, 2023
A
Great question. I know this because I worked in an AIDS lab in the 1980s. I knew almost everyone who was taking blood. Remember, that was before the WHO was a big deal. These samples were taken for the CDC. I'll look and let you know.
02:57 PM - Feb 24, 2023
A
They've found some differences via protiomics. They're using this man and his family (basically) immune differences in the new vaccines. For example, Moderna is testing in patients an AIDS vaccine right now. Big. Deal.
03:09 PM - Feb 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}