Annie Bee Good
A
Daylight saving time is fast approaching and I HATE HATE HATE it. Science backs me up on this.

Permanent standard time forever.
08:26 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Mr. J
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
I couldn't agree more. My suggestion is to spring forward 1/2 hour and then that becomes the permanent time. This way there is a little bit extra day during the summer, and a little less night in the winter. Not perfect but, the back and forth is crap. My dog doesn't know the time changed.
03:08 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
The summer sunset is already pretty late. We still have to work & still have to go to bed & get up at the same time. What significant benefit is 30 minutes of a later sunset that justifies the kids waiting at bus stops in the dark in winter?
In response to Mr. J.
04:00 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Mr. J
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Where I live the kids are always waiting for the bus in the dark in winter, most have to ride the bus for an hour or more, so six one way half dozen the other.
05:53 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Mr. J.
I don't know that using an example of one community's suffering is justification to expand suffering to others, but setting aside schoolchildren, lets follow the science & experts warning of DST's significant impact on health.
10:03 PM - Feb 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}