Christopher Bouzy
A
Too early for specifics. But if Trump is the nominee, the GOP will have difficulty winning up and down the ballot.
Scott Burdette @Burlydette
@cbouzy , what do you see in your remarkable tea leaves for the upcoming Senate races?
02:00 AM - Aug 25, 2023
02:54 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Charlie
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Here in red NW Iowa they are grasping for any candidate at this point. Inmate P01135809 has very few takers at that point, though his support isn't completely gone. I'm definitely seeing waaaaay less flags and yard signs. I don't think it's going to effect the rest of the ticket unfortunately
08:31 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Charlie
A
In response to Charlie.
I really would like to see a valid challenger to Reynolds though. She is burning this state to the ground.
08:32 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Steven McDermott
A
If trump isnt the nominee the GOP will have trouble winning up and down the ballot as the true MAGAts wont vote at all.
07:38 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Josol
A
In response to Steven McDermott.
Oh I hope so…🤞
09:50 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
He won't be the nominee.

That said, it's reasonable to think that his base coming out if he were would boost GOP down-ballot candidates.

The broad societal trend is very good for Dem success. The main concern is the stock market (and so I've noted his and the GOP role in that regard).
#OrangeSwan
05:37 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Eljay Sixty
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
I think he will be.. His supporters are the truest of believers and will turnout for the primaries. Even convicted, he will immediately appeal and will be on primary ballots.
09:54 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Pedro ?????️‍??
B
Unless they cheat. It appears they have been laying the groundwork to do just that. Praying it fails.
04:45 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Kerry McCarty
A
Challenging map for Dems. I think it will be possible to retake the House but lose the Senate.
03:03 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Matthew Clayton
A
In response to Kerry McCarty.
I don’t know about that. I think the Senate could stay 50-50 as Manchin is the only D Senator in peril of losing his seat. Sherrod Brown and Jon Tester are in decent shape. AZ will likely vote for a true D candidate and give Sinema the boot.
07:50 AM - Aug 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}