Prefab Spout
A
Any #horror fans here?
If so, did you catch the first season of the excellent #30Coins (30 Moneros).
One of my favourite shows from the last few years. Here's the teaser for season 2, coming later this year.
https://youtu.be/dRwbQ2RI6TU
30 COINS Season 2 | premieres 2023 | HBO Max - YouTube

Death and resurrection are two sides of the same coin.30 Coins Season 2 premieres in 2023 on hbomax.com.#HBOMAX #30CoinsLearn more https://www.hbomax.comDenm...

05:21 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
In response to Prefab Spout.
Have you seen Álex de la Iglesia's film "El Día de la Bestia"? It's bonkers.
05:24 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Prefab Spout
A
In response to Warren Shaver.
No, but I need to catch up on his stuff. I just love the insanity of 30 Coins - where the characters take it all 100% seriously but we can all see de la Iglesia smirking behind the camera.
Just So much fun.
05:28 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
That is Day of the Beast 100%.

During 30 Coins my husband kept asking, "What's happening?" And I always replied, "Everything."
05:30 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Prefab Spout
A
Ha, that's it. I love how it always starts so calm and by the end they're fighting back demons from hell or mass possession or something.
Nice to see the guy from Sens8 in there too (I forget his name). Plays such a great, if frustrating, character.
The whole cast is on point with the tone too.
05:43 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
Another series with a similar vibe is the British version of UTOPIA. Definitely more controlled, but still just about to go off the rails ever 2 or 3 minutes. And unbelievably brutally violent.
06:08 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Prefab Spout
A
Yes, Utopia great too. I love when shows just go all out on weirdness.
Did you ever see Legion? Slightly horror-y, but very good.
06:16 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
Saw LEGION. My husband was obsessed with that! That was my turn to say “What’s happening?” every 5 minutes. lol LEGION has a fantastic soundtrack btw. Perfect for when your road trip is too stress-free
06:27 PM - Feb 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}