Laura Main #FirstWave
A
thread 1/6
I started the “75 Hard” challenge. Here’s what I have experienced so far… 🧵

75 Hard is a 75 day challenge exercising the skills of determination, self-esteem, confidence & discipline rather than focusing on losing weight or building muscle - although you will lose weight & tone up

#75hard
06:19 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Laura Main #FirstWave
A
thread 2/6
First off, drinking a gallon of water (4L) is hard. You’ll spend the first week rushing to the toilet until your body gets used to it.
After a week I didn’t even wake in the night to use the toilet.
I found it easier if I drank a pint of water when I woke up and then spread the rest over the day
06:24 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Laura Main #FirstWave
A
thread 3/6
I’m sleeping much better and waking up feeling properly rested. (Probably to do with the lack of alcohol in my body!)

Reading a non-fiction book broadens your thinking. Also, limiting it to 10 pages makes it easy!
I’m reacting this 👇🏼 (omg! It’s horrifying what goes into our food nowadays 😱.)
06:30 AM - Aug 26, 2023 (Edited)
Laura Main #FirstWave
A
thread 4/6
Doing two lots of exercise (one outdoors) is NOT easy if you work. The earlier you can start, the better.

I run, before breakfast, then do a YouTube Pilates or yoga class; or I walk the dog and do a spin class, yoga or Pilates class.

It doesn’t matter how slow you are so long as you’re doing it!
06:34 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Laura Main #FirstWave
A
thread 5/6
I’m eating healthily and thinking much more about what I’m eating (the book I’m reading is probably helping with that!)

* do not let yourself get hungry!
06:36 AM - Aug 26, 2023 (Edited)
Laura Main #FirstWave
A
thread 6/6
The one thing I have noticed is how much better my skin looks - it’s all that water I’m drinking!

It will make you feel more accountable if you’re able to do the challenge with someone. Less likely to cheat or give up. I’m doing it with my daughter.

We will complete our challenge on Oct 27th
06:48 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Maria Lebron
A
In response to Laura Main #FirstWave.
Wow! No wiggleroom detected. You really need to be strict or you have to start all over? That's amazing. Hope you slay the challenge!
06:26 AM - Aug 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}