Michael Patrick Walker
A
Okay, let's see if we can get some #MusicalTheatre discussions going on this thing. Favorite/Best musicals of all time. It's difficult when styles have changed so many ways and times, so you're not limited to one. I definitely have to put Into The Woods on my list. Thoughts? #Broadway
08:01 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Margaret Layne
A
In response to Michael Patrick Walker.
I'll "favorite" She Loves Me. A seemingly delicate thing but glowing w/irresistible humanity & built with such tensile strength that it's almost impossible for it not to work. I've never known anyone involved in a production who didn't feel they were a better person for being part of it. It's magic.
04:06 AM - Jul 02, 2023
KathleenSimms
A
I love so many that I'm not sure I could name a favorite. Ragtime, Urinetown, In The Heights, Aida

I was incredibly fortunate to see Hamilton with the original cast. LMM is a freaking genius.
08:00 PM - Feb 25, 2023
. wolf
A
Sunday in the Park
Something Rotten!
City of Angels

The Dear Evan Hansen that should've been -- about the two mothers. After all, the opening song "Anybody Have a Map" sets it up as their stories. Then it isn't...
06:38 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Michael Patrick Walker
A
In response to . wolf.
I can’t speak to SR but City of Angels and Sunday are both masterworks to me…no comment on the other…….
12:18 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Garth Gersten
A
I should add that My Fair Lady has to be a favorite - because it was the first "Broadway" show I ever saw - it was at Los Angeles Civic Light Opera. Another favorite is The Wiz also at LACLO - with Ren Woods as Dorothy, Ted Ross as Lion and Valentino as The Wiz. Tears of happiness at the end.
05:48 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Garth Gersten
A
Favorite: A Chorus Line and Come From Away
I want to see a good production of Man of La Mancha because, on paper, it it is a favorite, but every production I have seen is a disappointment.
08:43 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Michael Patrick Walker
A
In response to Garth Gersten.
A Chorus Line is like that for me. On paper it’s amazing and even listening to it but when I’ve seen productions it’s dragged on too long. Don’t know La Mancha well at all and never drawn to CFA but k Ie many people like it a great deal
09:15 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Lizbeth Friedman, MBA
A
I'm game:
Cabaret
Sweeney Todd
The Lion King
The Hunting of the Snark (don't think it made it to Broadway ... but should have)
08:12 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Michael Patrick Walker
A
In response to Lizbeth Friedman, MBA.
100% Agree on Sweeney and 99% agree on Cabaret. I think Lion King is very well done and brilliant in parts though I have a few quibbles that keep it off my all-time greats list. As for your last one, I genuinely have no idea what that is, but I'm intrigued! LOL
08:38 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Bren
A
Into the woods for sure. The music alone is wonderful. I'll add Shrek the musical because my grand loved it and so did I. My other grand loves Cats
08:05 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Michael Patrick Walker
A
In response to Bren.
Yeah, Into The Woods for me is almost perfect - the intermingling of the stories while building and creating something totally new AND having something to say without making it super obvious at the same time - and funny, moving, exciting - not to mention the amazing original cast perfs...
08:40 PM - Feb 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}