Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Woke has absolutely nothing to do with the Golden Rule. You couldn't be more further off. Woke is a state of mind. Don't be asleep, or ignorant, to the shit going on in this world specifically to Black people. "Stay woke" means you have your eyes open to white foolishness.
E.G. for Example @EricGrevstad
It's Republican Enemy No. 1 nowadays, but "woke" is ancient and simple: Be kind and treat people the way you'd like to be treated, i.e., do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. Generations of kids were taught it as the Golden Rule. Today's Republicans demand to be bigoted assholes instead.
09:14 AM - Jun 10, 2023
01:41 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Hulk SmashStupid
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
You’re correct about the origins of woke, but isn’t it fair to say that woke has evolved to include all kinds of social injustice? Some have told me that no injustice matters until black injustice is solved, so that’s something I struggle with when fighting other forms of social injustice.
01:54 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
In response to Hulk SmashStupid.
It actually isn't.

Too far what starts with us, Black people, gets quickly co-opted for everyone else AND without any direct benefit to Black people.

It's like me saying BLM and your response being ALM.

Simply put, it's erasure.
02:02 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Hulk SmashStupid
A
From the first time I heard ALM I saw it for the racist counter attack that it is, so agreed. Your point is taken. Not all social injustice is equal and I’ll consider that moving forward. It’s my intent to combat all forms, but I now appreciate that certain expression are more specific. ❤️🤟
In response to Timara (she/her).
03:48 AM - Aug 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}