E.G. for Example
A
thread 1/4
It seems not a coincidence that, after no replies since I pinned it in June, half a dozen of you last night corrected me on my spout that GOP-hated "woke" means there are other folks in the world besides you, so be kind and do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. For the record, you're right:
09:41 AM - Aug 27, 2023
E.G. for Example
A
thread 2/4
The specific word "woke" didn't start as the Golden Rule; as has only gotten wide attention fairly recently, it started in the 1930s as an alert among Blacks of unsafe towns and lynchings. In my defense, I was referring to how scum like DeSantis use it today, lumping it in with diversity and …
09:41 AM - Aug 27, 2023
E.G. for Example
A
thread 3/4
equity and critical race theory (its obscene Rufo definition as "daring to teach that Black people exist and have suffered from racism and whites haven't always been angels," not its literal law-school meaning) and generally everything that isn't white privilege, sexism, and Christian dominion.
09:42 AM - Aug 27, 2023
E.G. for Example
A
thread 4/4
That's what Republicans are saying and what we warn against today, not that (most of them) want actual lynchings (not quite yet) but that they demand unchallenged white supremacy, homophobia, and theocracy and the right to be arrogant assholes. But it's time for a new pinned profile spout anyway.
09:42 AM - Aug 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}