Bowerydoll
A
EVERY. OUNCE. OF. THIS.👇🏾👇🏾🔥 If talking about race frustrates you & makes you uncomfortable, you're the one who needs to do some deep self-examination. Think about what it's like for those of us trying to thrive in deeply racist environments every damn day. Listen more. Reflect more.
Myra Faye Turner @msmyrafaye
PSA: Saying you "don't see color" doesn't impress Black folks. It does the opposite.

How TF can you like & value me when you don't care about race? Your attitude means you don't care about my struggles.

My music, food, traditions, clothing & history - all of these things are related to my race.
01:16 PM - Aug 26, 2023
12:29 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Angie Alexander
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
Some quit wanting to try walking in other people's shoes, thus less empathy and more ignorance and self-centeredness. I spent 10 years of my work life in equal opportunity and enjoyed the training offered to learn about people unlike myself (my mom also raised me to care about everyone as equals).
02:59 PM - Aug 27, 2023 (Edited)
DJohnRowinski
A
I had former classmates telling me that this is how I should approach the relationship with my wife. GTFOH-
It's an excuse so they can believe their behavior is not borne of racism. Reminded that you cannot wake a person pretending to sleep so it was better to just deactivate Facebook
02:55 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to DJohnRowinski.
Serious damn truth🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
02:56 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Grace Anderegg
A
You can't celebrate someone else's color or heritage if you fail to recognize it exits.
02:35 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Grace Anderegg.
Keep. Shouting. It. LOUD.🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
02:51 PM - Aug 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}