Warren Shaver
A
It's wild that people on Spoutible feel comfortable explaining to me--a queer man--what it's actually like to be a queer man. As if I'm a fictional character! Meanwhile no one on Twitter is that presumptuous, not even the worst homophobes. Why is that?
04:36 PM - Feb 21, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to Warren Shaver.
Wtf are you talking about?

I'm a queer man.

I'll wait.
07:24 PM - Feb 21, 2023 (Edited)
Warren Shaver
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
Wait for what? Proof? If so, I don’t think anyone should get punished for micro aggressions. But I ain’t gonna ignore it either. (Well, actually, I just block them, so I guess I do literally “ignore” it).
07:30 PM - Feb 21, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
Who's explaining to you what it's like to be a queer man?
07:40 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
I don’t know names but there were a lot. I raised questions about the TOS based on the history of queer people being targeted because a TOS is so vague. No attempts to understand my POV, just accusations that I’m wrong, overreacting, a troublemaker, etc—ie, the same BS we’ve heard forever…
09:10 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
It’s not the end of the world. I just blocked them. But it has created an environment that isn’t very welcoming to queer people who disagree with the mob. (FYI, I’ve had folks tell me *this* never happened either!) So when people ask if I’d recommend Spoutible, I tell them about my experiences here
09:15 PM - Feb 21, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
Tell them all you want. There is a significant majority of us queer men here sick of your shit. Wr aren't sexual beings. We are doctors and lawyers, we are more than what is between our legs and the fact that you sit here and play into the stereotype is wild af.
11:25 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
Ah yes. I try to have a conversation in good faith and this is the response I get. Spoutible in nutshell. PS You should talk to someone about your internalized homophobia. It’ll do your head in, mate.
11:58 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
Again, I don’t want anyone punished for micro aggressions.. But I also refuse to be gaslighted. I mean, I’m 60 years old. I’m not new. There’s no amount or kind of homophobic bullshit I’ve not encountered in my life. But nowadays, I don’t shut up about it.
09:24 PM - Feb 21, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
I don't either and I'm 41. The fact that you are helping the straights portray us as sexual beings is disgusting imo.
11:21 PM - Feb 21, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}