Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
Sadly, Dee Snider is a Dem! He's gone after GOP for using his music at their rallies. This shows that unfortunately, the anti-trans sentiment is not limited to just GOP and is a much larger issue. You can't assume ALL Dems are allies to the Transgender community just b/c they are Democrats. 😔
Kristin N @BabyBluJay
Paul Stanley and Dee Snider tweeted some similar nonsense a few months ago. gQp’s hateful message seems to resonate with aging rockstars. Weird 🙄
11:27 AM - Aug 27, 2023
08:31 PM - Aug 27, 2023
RealAntifaHQ
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
I, too, was disappointed & this interview almost helps
09:58 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
In response to RealAntifaHQ.
I'll take a wait-and-see approach with this. People say they want to learn, and if he genuinely puts in the work, then I will be happy to listen to his music once more. Thanks for sharing the article.
10:06 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
There are plenty of people on this platform right now who consider themselves allies who will make the "men shouldn't participate in women's sports" argument. I've seen it. Some LGBTQ+ allies conveniently subtract the "T" when it suits them.
09:17 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Socio-gen
A
Dee being anti-trans and repeating alt-right misinformation broke my heart, as a GenXer and an auntie to trans and enby niblings.
09:08 PM - Aug 27, 2023 (Edited)
Michael-McCloud T
A
Dee's a friend of Clay Aiken, recorded with him, performed at gala for Clay's charity. There's a divide in some people's minds: calling themselves Dems/liberals/progressives, accepting, befriending, loving gay, lesbian & bi people BUT denigrating & dismissing trans people. They need to WAKE UP!
08:46 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Guilty!
A
Especially disappointing when they made careers out bending gender norms themselves. You would think if anyone would be sympathetic, it would be these guys.
08:34 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Socio-gen
A
In response to Guilty!.
I think that because gender-bending was performative for them, they assume it's also performative for trans people, especially trans kids. Several parents of trans kids tried to reach out, but rather than listening, Dee doubled down.
09:24 PM - Aug 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}