Lulu
A
My son made a major confession last night. He does not like to hear Neil Young sing. 🤦🏻‍♀️ We may need counseling…actually I get it. But I adore Neil 😂
11:43 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Sherri Chance
A
In response to Lulu.
Decades ago I went to a Young concert in Cleveland. Across Lake Erie in Detroit the airport was snowed in and planes were diverted to Cleveland. Linda Ronstadt couldn't make her concert and showed up. Young invited her to sing. It was the best twofer ever. Her voice was magical.
02:02 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Lulu
A
In response to Sherri Chance.
Wow! Magic!
02:33 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Susan Loves Democracy
A
In response to Lulu.
Um … I’m inclined to agree with your son! Furthermore, there is only one song of Young’s during his solo career that I like (love, actually): Harvest Moon.

And now to really risk getting myself blacklisted: I think Billy Holiday’s voice is like fingernails on a blackboard.

There. I said it.
12:07 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Lulu
A
In response to Susan Loves Democracy.
It’s all personal. Until recently I couldn’t listen to Chris Cornel without cringing. Even though I know he had a phenomenal voice. Although lately I’ve softened and can enjoy his music in small doses. 🤷🏻‍♀️
01:01 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Kathleen Rupnow
A
In response to Lulu.
I had a coworker that said she couldn't listen to Neil Young or Bob Dylan because they weren't actually singers. I didn't hate her for it but ... lol. I decided that she didn't really understand why they were singing because she was not of that era. Your son is probably too young to get Mr Young.
11:48 AM - Aug 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}