Grace Amandes
A
I know no one will read this but I need to get this off my chest. If you want to lose whatever faith you may have had in humanity, join the board of your condo association. Trust me.
12:58 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Tikki Foy
A
In response to Grace Amandes.
Or any HOA…lol
01:00 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Grace Amandes
A
In response to Tikki Foy.
I mean, I get why folks hate overreaching HOAs in communities with few shared amenities. But they're necessary in communal living situations. And a shocking number of entitled people refuse to participate or be responsible in any way other than to complain.
01:16 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Tikki Foy
A
In all fairness I’ve never participated in one. Bought our house wo an HOA. But the friends that have tell me nightmare stories of getting daily letters about the grass being an inch too high or harassing a worn out single mom who’s husband had died a month earlier to paint the trim on the house.
02:50 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Grace Amandes
A
Yeah that kind of BS is horrible and I see no reason for it. But in a communal living situation, it's a different story. Lots of joint decisions need to be made, and people think they can just sit back and let some else do all the work, then play armchair quarterback/backseat driver.
03:20 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Tikki Foy
A
When you say communal living, you mean more of an intentional living community or co-op? If so thoroughly intrigued.
04:17 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Grace Amandes
A
It probably sounds more intriguing than it is. LOL. I live in a townhouse complex where we have a shared roof system, driveway, and courtyard. So certain things are completely up to individual owners, but other things (like maintenance of shared spaces and community rules) are handled communally.
04:27 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Tikki Foy
A
I get it now. Lol. I was thinking of those eco communities. We have a few around here. All the houses have solar and shared water and gardens. But I don’t know much about them
05:05 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Grace Amandes
A
Now that sounds cool. My nephew knows two people who live in Earth Ships in New Mexico. He got to stay in one. I'm so jealous.
05:15 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Tikki Foy
A
I would be absolutely jealous. Lol. Sounds amazing
05:43 PM - Aug 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}