Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 1/4
Dudes of the world, fyi: in the early stages of development, our sex organs are unisex. Putting aside complex genetic mutations, if a fetus doesn't have a Y chromosome , the early sex buds develop into vulva, clitoris and vagina. If a fetus does have a Y chromosome (and fully functional
06:29 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 2/4
testosterone receptors), then 1) the buds that would have developed into the vulva develop into scrotum/testicles, 2) the bud that would have developed into clitoris develop into the penis, 3) I imagine the space between the top bud and the bottom two buds develops into the vagina if no Y and nothin
06:31 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 3/4
if Y is present. Meanwhile, the slightest injury to the testicles hobbles the most alpha-iest XY and those with XX readily pass out 6-9 pound babies and live to tell the tale. My point--get over your cis-privileged selves and accept the complexity of life.
06:33 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 4/4
This thread was brought to you by Random Things My Attention Dysregulated Mind Thinks About While Showering
06:34 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Jeneva Diva
A
I don't want to put aside the times it doesn't happen exactly like this. The actual number of intersex people for whom the story varies is huge -- and even if the number was small, intersex people are our people. (In my view, this adds to your point and co-exists well within your conclusion.)
In response to Mark Wilson, MD.
08:48 AM - Aug 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}