Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 1/6
At one point on Spoutible, I mocked a commercial by this band. But as I’ve listened to their music there is just something there that makes you enjoy it.

The Monkees - Daydream Believer (1967)

#60sMusic #music

"Daydream Believer" is a song composed by John Stewart shortly before he

Further…
11:19 PM - Aug 30, 2023
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 2/6
left the Kingston Trio. Originally recorded by the Monkees, with Davy Jones singing the lead. The single reached No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in December 1967, remaining there for four weeks, & peaked at No. 5 on the UK Singles Chart. It was the Monkees'
Further…
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 3/6
third & last No. 1 hit in the U.S.
The recording was originally scheduled to be the B-side of the Barry Mann/Cynthia Weil song "Love Is Only Sleeping" featuring lead vocals by Michael Nesmith. However, a week before release, it was discovered that
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 4/6
the European single masters for "Love Is Only Sleeping" were not ready, but the masters for "Daydream Believer" were. A last-minute switch meant that "Daydream Believer" now became the A-side & "Goin' Down," a song written by all four Monkees with Diane Hildebrand in the style of Mose
Further…
11:20 PM - Aug 30, 2023
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 5/6
Allison, became the flip side. Nesmith would not be given a lead vocal on a Monkees single A-side until 1969's "Listen to the Band." Allegedly, Colgems Records did not like Nesmith's voice, preferring the voices of both Dolenz & Jones, & was
Further…
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 6/6
further aggrieved when Nesmith insisted on the inclusion of at least two of his songs per album.Previously, Nesmith's lead vocal version of "The Girl I Knew Somewhere" was replaced with Dolenz on lead vocals for the B-side of the single "A Little Bit Me, a Little Bit You".

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}