Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 1/2
#mouthypolitics101

I need for everyone to understand a basic fact - Republicans CREATED 45.

50 years of weaponizing the southern strategy is how the country ended up this way. So-called "never Tr*mpers" only hate him because he said all their quiet parts out loud. Policy-wise, they're on the same
11:27 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 2/2
damn page.
11:28 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Bruno+Auggie’s Dad
A
In response to Kymberlyn Reed.
To be clear, agree 100% that the GOP is Dr Frankenstein and 45 is the cobbled monster who started killing those around him. And the GOP is equally as proficient at reigning in their creation. (Problem with the metaphor: the mob with torches is heading the wrong way)
11:54 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
In response to Bruno+Auggie’s Dad.
Lol, that's exactly what they thought - that once he was in the Oval Office they could rein him in. I knew that wasn't going to work though. Reining him in is no longer a plan. They want him gone and replaced by 45 lite.
11:57 AM - Sep 01, 2023
JIlda Nettleton
A
So true. Too many former Republicans have yet to grasp that most of their beloved policies do not work and/ or are actually so unpopular that they only could be implemented if you lie about them a lot. And lying about them leads you to Trump.
11:52 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Bruno+Auggie’s Dad
A
I know a Lincoln Project staffer. Dude was super anti-liberal way back in college. Anti-Dem as they come. Now he feels duped, tired of being against stuff and not for anything. He’s definitely not typical. But they do exist.
11:50 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Bruno+Auggie’s Dad
A
100% don’t trust them.
But just look at Nicole Wallace. Got Bush and McCain on her resume. She’s walked back 60% of their policies.
It’s baby steps, but so many have modified their views on 2A, education, police reform.
But again, 100% can’t trust them.
11:48 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Jacsmoore @
A
Deprogramming takes time. She is a lot further into her journey than say, Joe Scarborough, who still admits to being a conservative; and still spews racist BS on air at times (and sometimes in front of the Rev SMH).
12:24 PM - Sep 01, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
Until I hear them fully renounce the southern strategy, I don't trust any of them.

They were okay with "welfare queens" and "family values" as long as the targets were Black and Brown folks. They were okay with AIDS because they hated gays.
12:43 PM - Sep 01, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
11:44 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Kim Mmmm
A
In response to William Turner.
Yes, and not being the majority, their only recourse is to lie, cheat and steal to win. Republicans who know that supporting their party, goes squarely against their basic, civilized, human core values… that’s where the phrase “hold your nose and vote” comes in and they’ll dive right into that shit.
12:19 PM - Sep 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}