Mandi Porterfield
A
Wow, apparently my humor at the expense of rape culture? Offended some of my like gendered friends. I will swim elsewhere
12:17 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Ethical Atheist
A
In response to Mandi Porterfield.
If your answer to people trying to show you how to be a better person is to run away, this isn't the place for you.

If you would like to grow and learn, this is the place.

Your call.
06:58 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Andrew Senior
A
The 1950s called. They would like you back.
06:56 PM - Sep 02, 2023
NCFC Zine
A
I think there’s a point where the “don’t pile on” clause kicks in. I will investigate.
06:41 PM - Sep 02, 2023
G Anonymous
A
The fact that you think it’s okay to joke about rape, might indicate that you need some therapy. Along with this sorry excuse for an apology (if that’s what it was), you then make yourself the victim because ppl called you out.
Go back Twitter.
05:49 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Stefen Tower
A
If you feel a need to joke (which is cool!), extra sensitive subjects should be approached obliquely at most, IMHO. Rape is one of them. Any suggestion that you think it's OK for someone to be raped should be avoided. Same applies to murder.
05:36 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Paulette Hawkins
A
Backhanded apology or what?
Are you really that obtuse or just upset that your idea of humor doesn't fly well with actual adults?
Maybe you would be happier someplace else.
04:49 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Rosetta
A
An extremely forceful violent torturous attack (rape) against a person that has the possibility of life long physical and mental damage or even death is never funny no matter the context or situation.
03:54 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Lisa K. "Guardian of Radical Visions"
A
At the expense of rape culture? You're promoting rape culture, suggesting that it's okay as long as it is in prison.
03:50 PM - Sep 02, 2023 (Edited)
ميجان the Librarian
A
It’s not about lacking humor. There are things it’s just not appropriate to joke about. Rape is one of them.
03:46 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Might be a good idea. People are expected to be considerate here. If you can't handle that idea, or learn from your mistakes, then perhaps this isn't the place for you.
03:40 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
There are some things that just aren’t funny. Rape would make that list for sure.
03:33 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Li Milla4
A
Humor?
03:21 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Myra Faye Turner
A
There's nothing funny about rape.
03:17 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
Do you understand why it’s offensive or do you not care if it is ? That is meant as a respectful question because you seem to be behaving as if it doesn’t matter to you. If that is your intention then I’m interested in knowing- either way.
03:08 PM - Sep 02, 2023 (Edited)
NCFC Zine
A
Or… you can look at the feedback as an opportunity to consider your joke from another perspective. Win-win, I say.
02:44 PM - Sep 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}