DrMHasOpinions
A
Any ideas from crafters or artists on how to fix my garden turtle?
06:37 PM - Sep 02, 2023
AmaganQuiltsCrafts
A
In response to DrMHasOpinions.
Get some sculpey (polymer clay) mold it to fit (you bake it in the oven you may need to adjust for shrinkage), JB weld to attach it. (You may need to sand it to make it smooth) Scuff up all the paint and then repaint it.
07:52 PM - Sep 02, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to AmaganQuiltsCrafts.
03:03 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Resident_hippie
A
Oh crud- looks like it’s a glazed clay piece & exposure has caused chipping. There was probably a small crack somewhere & elements made their way in. Short of finding paint to match glaze & applied to the clay part, I’m not sure what would work. I’m sorry, it sucks when loved things get damaged ❤️🌀
06:48 PM - Sep 02, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to Resident_hippie.
Ugh. That sounds challenging. I didn’t think I cared that much about it, but my mom was with me when I bought it. We were in San Francisco to celebrate my sister’s graduation from Berkeley with a double master’s degree. It’s a good memory.
06:53 PM - Sep 02, 2023 (Edited)
Teeniaqueefa
A
I'd recommend using Durham's water putty to repair the damage and painting it with rustoleum paint, both available from any hardware store.
06:46 PM - Sep 02, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to Teeniaqueefa.
Thank you for the idea. Do I need to strip the glaze off?
06:54 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Benny Andthejets
A
Might I suggest something along these lines? May subsitute gold for more affordable materials, but this was more for the meaning behind it. You don't have to hide repairs, make them part of the piece's beauty. Get creative.
https://youtube.com/shorts/T0JAIuaZDs0?si=FspCj5xwpTWP0PK3
06:46 PM - Sep 02, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to Benny Andthejets.
Yeah, I think gold does seem a teeeeeny bit excessive…
06:56 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Poor turtle. What is it made of? Pottery? You could probably paint it and it would be ok for a while. Use exterior craft paints.
06:40 PM - Sep 02, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
Glazed pottery.
06:57 PM - Sep 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}